Frequently Asked Questions
- What makes modpod unique from other traction/decompression devices?
Modpod is completely unique. It is the first and only clinical device that is portable, battery powered, and 100% focused on the cervical spine. It provides you with smart technology and intermittent features but the difference is: it creates clinical efficiencies, takes up less space, and costs thousands less.
- CAN I USE MODPOD IN CONJUNCTION WITH MY MANUAL THERAPY TECHNIQUE?
- Yes, many health care professionals incorporate Modpod in conjunction with soft tissue mobilization.
- Visit here for more information on combining manual therapy with Modpod.
- Is there research that supports mechanical intermittent traction devices such as modpod?
Yes, there are several articles and studies that support mechanical intermittent traction. Please reference the most recent and notable article by Julie Fritz and colleagues here.
- Can I incorporate Modpod into a cervical spine PROGRAM?
Absolutely! In fact, incorporating the specialized technology of Modpod in conjunction with other modalities, products, and your manual techniques will set you apart from your competition. Please refer to this blog by a global key opinion leader here
- How does Modpod differ from a SAUNDERS HOMETRAC, and other home rental devices?
- Modpod is an FDA Class II Medical Device designed specifically for clinical use.
- Modpod provides functionality that is not available with home rental devices such as Saunders HomeTrac and similar devices.
- Reference this 2014 research below. This is very significant, and shows the effectiveness of “mechanical intermittent traction”
- CAN YOU BILL INSURANCE FOR MODPOD TREATMENTS?
- Yes! Modpod can be billed using the 97012 CPT billing code (Mechanical Traction) with private insurance.
- The payment varies based on where you are located. On average, it will pay between $15.00 & $25.00 per treatment. Private pay insurance may vary, but will generally run in line with the CMS (Medicare) pay schedule.
- Does CMS reimburse for modpod?
Other than chiropractic CMS will reimbursed. Go to Cms.gov to download a fee schedule for your state using CPT Code 97012
- Can Modpod actually save me money?
Sure! What is your cost per square foot? With Modpod, there is no need for a dedicated room to deliver “true clinical cervical” cervical traction/decompression! Use that room for treating patients, and use Modpod on any flat surface in the clinic. This creates clinical efficiency!
- CAN I CHARGE CASH FOR THE TRACTION TREATMENTS?
- Many clinicians do charge cash for the treatment. Amounts vary based on market demographics. Amounts range from $15.00 to $75.00 per treatment based on how comprehensive their treatment program is and what it encompasses.
- What is the correct technique to use when setting up a patient?
- There is a “best practice technique” used when positioning a patient into Modpod. Click here
- HOW many treatments does Modpod provide on one charge?
- The Modpod can last up to three days based on six to eight treatments per day.
- Modpod can be used with the charger plugged in for continued use if the battery runs low.
- The power source can be plugged in overnight to fully charge the Modpod for the next day of use.
- WHAT IS THE LIFE OF THE INTERNAL BATTERY and when does it need replaced?
- The battery is designed to last three years minimum of normal day-to-day use.
- Yes. Hollywog’s service department can replace it for approximately $150.00.
- WHAT ABOUT CLEANING THE STRAPS AND UNIT?
- You can use the same disinfectants you are currently using in your clinic.
- WHAT IS THE WARRANTY ON THE MODPOD?
- One year
- Can you adjust the angle of pull?
- Yes. There are multiple ways to adjust the angle of pull. Visit here to see how you can adjust the angle of pull.
- Can I save and customize protocols?
- Yes! You can save up to 5 customized protocols. To see how to customize a protocol visit this link here.
- Can I change the language on Modpod?
- Yes! Go to your Modpod settings (sprocket on main menu), choose setup, then choose Language. You can choose English, German, French, or Spanish.
- Can I change the unit of measure?
- Yes. Go to your Modpod settings (sprocket on main menu), choose setup, then choose units of measure. Choices are Lb., Kg, or NT.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is TENS?
TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) is a non-invasive, drug free method of controlling pain by the transmission of electrical stimulation to the body's nerve or muscle fibers through the skin. Pain relief is achieved by suppressing the transmission of pain in nerves (Gate Control Theory) and increasing the discharge of the body's endorphins, which reduces the sensitivity to pain in the central nervous system (Opiate Release Theory). WiTouch Pro 's exclusive and patented waveform incorporates BOTH clinical theories of TENS to provide immediate and long-lasting pain relief. The WiTouch Pro provides a safe, easy to apply, medically approved pain management system for self-treatment when needed. The WiTouch Pro is perfect for those with chronic low back pain.
My WiTouch Pro app and device will not pair after following the instructions and confirming that Bluetooth® is turned “ON” in my phone settings.
The device mode has been changed to “manual mode,” in which Bluetooth® is turned “OFF” on the device and will not connect to your phone. The mode needs to be changed back to “Bluetooth mode” before it will connect to your phone. Press and hold the + and – buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds. During this time, the LED will turn solid green then rapidly flash green and yellow. This indicates the mode has changed to “Bluetooth mode.” Repeat the app pairing instructions to complete pairing of the app and device.
How does the WiTouch Pro provide pain relief?
WiTouch Pro utilizes TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) technology, which is a non-invasive, drug-free method of controlling pain by the transmission of electrical stimulation to the body’s nerve or muscle fibers through the skin. It works by suppressing pain signals being sent to the brain from the muscle and nerve fibers.
How soon will I feel pain relief?
Results are dependent on many factors however, you may feel immediate relief as soon as you start the device, and you may feel pain relief as long as 3-4 hours after use.
Who can use the WiTouch Pro?
WiTouch Pro can be used by anyone in need of back pain relief from young adult and older. Keep out of reach of children. WiTouch Pro is intended for use on the otherwise healthy back that is sore and aching. Do not apply WiTouch Pro to any other body area except the back; do not apply to swollen, infected or inflamed areas of skin. Please see your doctor about using WiTouch Pro if you've recently suffered from an acute trauma or fracture or following recent surgery. DO NOT use WiTouch Pro if you have a cardiac pacemaker, implanted defibrillator, or any other implanted metallic or electronic device. Consult with your doctor before using WiTouch Pro If you are in the care of a doctor or if you have had medical or physical treatment for your back pain.
What kind of pain relief can I expect?
Pain and response to any pain relief product vary from person to person. WiTouch Pro uses electrical stimulation to help relieve pain. It was designed to incorporate two clinical theories of how TENS provides pain relief: by blocking the transmission of pain and stimulating endorphins, the body's natural pain reducing chemicals. To help get the most relief for your particular needs, you may adjust the intensity level within the WiTouch Pro App or the buttons on the unit.
How long does the pain relief last?
Each person is different. WiTouch Pro was designed to be comfortable, mobile and discreet, so it can be worn throughout your day for repeat treatments according to your particular needs. Thirty-minute breaks are recommended between sessions.
Where is WiTouch Pro manufactured?
We are proud to say our products are manufactured in the USA, specifically Chattanooga, Tennessee. Every device is 100% factory tested and inspected and as proof your WiTouch Pro may show minimal treatment usage within the Stats section of the WiTouch Pro app.
How long can I wear my WiTouch Pro?
WiTouch Pro can be worn all day. The device does not have to be removed between treatments.
Is WiTouch Pro FSA or HSA eligible?
Yes, it is, but it's important to know that, even though you don't need a prescription to buy WiTouch Pro, you do need to submit a receipt with your claim.
Can people tell I’m wearing WiTouch Pro?
WiTouch Pro is very discreet. It operates silently, contours to your back and is controlled wirelessly, so it’s easily concealed by clothing other than form-fitting apparel or see-through fabrics.
Do I need a prescription to get WiTouch Pro?
No prescription is needed to purchase the WiTouch Pro. Click here to purchase WiTouch Pro online. Shipping is fast and free.
How does WiTouch Pro compare to the TENS therapy used by my doctor, chiropractor or physical therapist?
WiTouch Pro uses the same basic technology but is designed for convenient use at home and work and during many other activities.
Is travelling with the device and airport screening easy?
WiTouch Pro packs easily in your carry-on bag and can go through normal screening. If you’re wearing the device, the TSA (Transportation Security Administration) suggests you tell the screener before you walk through and let him or her know it is on your lower back.
Do the gel pads contain latex or animal products?
No. WiTouch Pro gel pads are free of latex and animal products/ingredients.
How do I know when to replace the Gel Pads?
If you notice the WiTouch Pro is losing its ability to stick to the body, it is time to replace the gel pads. The gel should be replaced on your WiTouch Pro when the adhesion diminishes. This will vary person to person and depending upon skin preparation. Click here to purchase replacement Gel Pads.
Why are my gel pads not sticking?
Excessive oil, moisturizers and perspiration will affect the gel pads ability to adhere properly. You should always clean the treatment area with soap and water before applying your WiTouch Pro to ensure optimal adhesion.
How many times can I use the gel pads?
The number of uses you can obtain from gel pads will vary, primarily due to skin preparation. Each time WiTouch Pro is removed from the back, dead skin cells are also removed and adhered to the gel pads. Over time, the accumulation of this “skin cell debris” diminishes the gel pads’ ability to adhere. Insufficient skin preparation will also affect gel pad adhesion.
Do I have to use the Gel pads?
Yes, the WiTouch Pro device can ONLY be used with the gel pads designed specifically for WiTouch Pro. Attempted use of WiTouch Pro without WiTouch Pro Gel Pads can result in skin irritation or burns. You should ONLY use Hollywog’s WiTouch Pro “branded” Gel Pads. The WiTouch Pro gel pads are clinically tested, latex free, hypoallergenic, and Made in USA.
Can I rehydrate my Gel Pads with third party hydration products?
No. WiTouch Pro gel pads are designed to be used without any additives. They should be replaced when they no longer adhere to your skin. Using, or attempting to use hydration products can increase the current density output resulting in skin irritation or burns. Also, rehydration of your gel pads does not create the original adhesion properties needed to adhere to your skin.
Why is the LED blinking yellow on my WiTouch Pro device?
Change your batteries. The blinking yellow indicates low battery.
What kind of batteries does my WiTouch Pro use?
The WiTouch Pro device uses (2) AAA batteries. The 2 AAA batteries in the WiTouch Pro device will last over 100 treatments based on typical use.
Why am I getting a “Device Not Found” message on my phone when I try to “pair” my WiTouch Pro device?
The “Device Not Found” screen will appear if the device is OFF, or too far away from your smart phone. Double check to make sure your WiTouch Pro unit is ON. Make sure the Bluetooth setting on your phone is “On”. Repeat the device search and pairing process, your WiTouch Pro should connect.
How do I clean my WiTouch Pro?
WiTouch Pro should be gently wiped clean with a damp cloth and mild soap. All soap residue must be removed before use. DO NOT submerge or immerse the device in water or other liquids as it will damage the device.
How do I store my WiTouch Pro?
WiTouch Pro should be stored in the storage box included with your device. If the device is being stored for a short time between uses and the gel pads are still applied to the device, the green protective liners should be applied to the gel pads before storage. If the device will be stored for a long period of time, the 2 AAA batteries should be removed from the main device.
Who do I contact if I have a question about my older WiTouch / WiTouch Pro (non Bluetooth) device?
Please contact Hollywog customer service at +1 423 305 7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.